Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Shopping

I did some shopping today. No scrapbook purchases this time, but clothes. Now that our holiday is coming I really had to buy some new clothes. I gained quite some weight in the past year due to circumstances, and hardly fit my clothes from last summer. I kept putting off shopping for clothes, because I was intended to lose weight first. In the past 3 months I started on a diet several times, but for some reason I am not determined enough. I have no idea why. I don't feel comfortable with my weight and know I can do it, but apparently I don't feel uncomfortable enough. I can't think of any other reason. Needless to say, I didn't lose any weight at all and really had to extend my wardrobe, so I planned a shopping trip this morning. Shortly after I arrived at the shopping mall I ran into my mom, so we went shopping together. Fortunately I was able to buy some nice clothes. The sales is on at the moment, so I bought lots of new clothes for a very reasonable price. I bought 3 skirts, a dress, a short, a jeans, a pants, and 6 tops/shirts. With the clothes that do still fit me I should manage to "survive" on a camp site without a washing machine for two weeks. LOL!

5 comments:

Lisette Gibbons said...

Quite an achievement to buy all this in one day. And without a wachine machine, you will need these clothes... I should know, we've just come back from 2 weeks in Queensland. LOL!

~Nancy~ said...

OH wow.. you did a lot of shopping today!! Awesome! There's nothing more fun then coming back home with full bags of stuff, right? Have fun looking at your 'treasures' over and over again.. hehe! XOXO

June Houck said...

Ditto. I turned 40 last fall and gained a lot of weight. I joined a gym last spring, and lost 12lbs, but I have not been going much at all since my girls are out of preschool for the summer, and 4lbs came back already. I don't feel comfortable at all, but I also don't want to buy new clothes (too depressing.) Yet, I am not motivated to get to the gym. I need to get down another 10 pounds to be comfortable in last summer's clothing... I sure do wish scrapbooking burned more calories :)

Anonymous said...

Als ik zo naar de stapel kijk dan begin ik bijna te denken dat je wat met blauw hebt...

Janny said...

nou hier precies hetzelfde Ingrid, ik wil eigenlijk ook een paar kilo kwijt maar op de een of andere manier ben ik niet gemotiveerd genoeg en ja dan lukt het dus niet!
zo te zien hou jij van blauw, leuk stapeltje kleren zo.