Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Circle Journal: Beautiful places

Our holiday is getting closer and actually I should do the last washing, ironing and cleaning, but in the evening I love to scrap to relax. So I do the household during the day, and scrap at night. Last evening I worked on my entry for the Circle Journal. Actually the deadline is August 15th, but since I am not sure if I have time to work on it when we get back from France I worked on it now. This CJ is about beautiful places in the world. I visited quite some beautiful places and thought of making a layout on Norway, Stockholm, Cayman Islands, San Francisco - do I need to go on? - but I decided to make a layout on our trip to Canada. Eric and I went to Canada in 1999 and drove through British Columbia and Alberta for 2 weeks. Prior to our trip we spent a few days with Lisette, David and Rebecca who lived in the USA back then, and we ended our trip with them as well. Working on this layout reminded me of that wonderful holiday. I was completely overwhelmed by the beauty of Canada's nature. In the Netherlands we have woods, but believe me, that is NOTHING in comparison to the Canadian forests. The national parks in BC and Alberta are bigger than my country. We saw breathtaking waterfalls, beautiful sceneries, the impressive Icefields Parkway and lots of wildlife. You hardly see any wildlife here - unless you go to the zoo - so you can probably imagine that we were very surprised when we saw our first deer, moose or bear in the soft shoulder. I would love to go back one time, but I guess that will take a few years. For now our girls prefer a swimming pool and playground.

9 comments:

Lisette Gibbons said...

You know, I have totally forgotten that you went to Canada in between your stay with us. What gorgeous pictures. And a great spread too!

Anonymous said...

so funny, another thing whe have in common : I have been to British Columbia too !
Your LO is absolutely gorgeous and tenderly reminds me of my trip there.
Thanks for that !
xoxoxoxo
Zab

Anonymous said...

hij is helemaal gaaf!! Ik kan nu al niet meer wachten en wil hem graag in het echie zien :)

~Nancy~ said...

Gorgeous girlie.. absolutely GORGEOUS an soo cool! Great job..and so awesome you guys visited Canada.. that's absolutely a place where I'd love to go one day!!

June Houck said...

Great colors and layout. I love Canada too. The pictures are gorgeous, but even better in person, don't you think? Where do you get your wonderful letters for your title? I believe you used these on Caardvarks day 7 "Good luck" (I think)?

Je@net said...

Wow, what an awesome spread Ingrid!
Can believe it's a great memorie and really worth going back one day!

Janny said...

wooow wat prachtig Ingrid kan me voorstellen dat je even wegzwijmelde bij het maken van deze spread!

Alhambra Club said...

Great layout, love the paper.

Fauve Design said...

That looks great!!I would love to go there sometime...