Friday, July 20, 2007

Family Photo Swap

In May my sister-in-law Lisette and I agreed to do a photo swap. We exchanged pictures per e-mail. Lisette finished her layout quite quickly, but it took me a bit longer. I had some other projects to finish first, but I guess I was also a bit afraid to start with the layout as I had never scrapped on size 8.5x11" before. I really had no idea where to begin. Does that sound weird? I had the same problem when I did my first 12x12" layout, so I am sure it will get better when I practise a bit more.

Here is the layout that Lisette made for me. I love the design, the patterned papers and the use of the Hambly journaling transparency. I also love the brushes that she added to Sanne's picture. I am VERY happy with the layout. Thanks, girl! I love your scrap style. Too bad we live so far away from each other. It would be great if we could get together to do some scrapping, but with you living Down Under and me in the Netherlands that's a bit difficult.



Here is the layout I made for Lisette. I loved working with this beautiful picture of her and her youngest daughter Renee.



Materials I used for Lisette's layout: Bazzill cardstock, PP Sassafras Lass Serendipity, Scenic Route Laurel, Rhonna Farrer French Twist, Flowers Heidi Swapp and Prima Marketing, Doodlebug paper frills, Hambly Rub-ons Vintage Motifs White, American Crafts Thickers, Buttons Rusty Pickle and Buttons Galore, Autumn Leaves Clear Stamps Big Swirls and Nature, Brad, Hero Arts Chrystal Gemstones, staples, Tulip Puffy Paint Black, Transparency.

I also did a photo swap with Norbiba. I already received her envelope with the layout, but I haven't opened it. I will open it when she has my layout. I finished it this morning. Here is a sneak peek.



I now have two more photo swaps to do. One for Hanneke, and one for Marianne in Denmark. Not sure if I manage to do the layouts before we go on holiday. I still have a few more days left, but I also need to do a lot of washing, ironing and so on. I don't want to rush it, so I might make the layouts after my holiday.

I am now off to do some shopping with the girls. I would like to get them some extra shorts and skirts for our holiday. Have a nice day!

11 comments:

Charlotte said...

Wonderful LO you have made for your sister-in-law!! And her LO also is very beautiful! :)
It's so fun that you do photo swaps! I have only tried it one time (with an American girl). It was soooo hard for me to scrap her photos. But I did something and she said she liked it. he he!

Lilian Schneider said...

Ingid, you and your SIL made both great layouts. I can see that you have put much work into it and it shows!

Lisette Gibbons said...

Thank you Ingrid for the beautiful LO you made for me. You did a great job for your first 8.5x11". Love, Lisette xox

~Nancy~ said...

WOOWW! Another awesome photoswap! You both created gorgeous creations! WOW!!! And love the sneak peek... can't wait to see the rest of the layout!!! XOXO

Anonymous said...

WOW both lo's are great. I also took al look at Lisette's blog and you're right, she also creates wonderfull lo's.
Groetjes, Wendy.

Je@net said...

The sneaks looks great!!
And the two lay-outs for the photo-swap are just lovely!!

June Houck said...

Both layouts are wonderful. I like the combo of green and pink pp you used...I have those papers too. Thanks for the inspiration!
You are so very talented :)

Wati Basri said...

lovely layout u did for your sis-in-law and her layout to you is lovely as well!! great stuffs :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, wat een mooie swap heeft Lisette voor je gemaakt!! En jij voor haar!

XxX Hanneke

Erica said...

Prachtige layouts, zowel van jou als van Lisette, jullie kunnen er wat van :D!

mum-on-the-run said...

Wow, great LO's!!

I love them both :)