Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Photo swap and a surprise

Hanneke received my layout in the mail today, so I can now reveal the layout I made for her. I already received her layout last week, but I didn't want to open the envelope yet. Wasn't easy, because the texture of the content made me very curious. It felt like she used lots of embellishments. As soon as I knew she received mine I opened her envelope. I was right about the embellishments. LOL! She knows I love lots of them on my layouts. I am very happy with the layout and so is Sanne. I really like the black and white papers, ribbon, lace and stamps in combination with the pink and turquoise flowers. Thanks, Hanneke!



Here is my layout for Hanneke. I had to work with a picture of her and her in-laws leaving for a holiday in Gran Canaria. Not the easiest picture to work with. This picture was taken at Schiphol Airport.



Materials I used for Hanneke's layout: Scenic Route Laurel & Cape Town PP, Sassafras Lass Daydream & Serendipity PP, Fancy Pants Key Lime Pie PP, Foof-a-La & Rusty Pickle buttons, 7Gypsies sticker, Catslife Press stamp Remember, ribbon (Little Silver Hat), Heidi Swapp Block Alphabet Stickers, Making Memories Boho Chic Tiny Alphabet Stickers, Uniball Signo pen and Magnolia Journaling stamp.


Today I received a nice suprise package in the mail from my friend Nancy. We met each other on the internet some months ago. I found her on 2Peas. When you view the gallery you recognize her layouts and cards immediately. She has a gorgeous style and I am a huge fan. I once had a question about a material she used on one of her layouts and sent her an e-mail. Since then we exchange e-mails. Although we live only 11 miles away from each other we haven't met in person.....not yet. Recently she was chosen as one of the DT members for the manufacturer Junkitz. Yes, this girl ROCKS! We talked about the transparent tape/ribbon by Junkitz lately and she offered me to send one in the mail. Her envelope was on my doorstep today and I was surprised to not only receive the tape, but also twillz, buttonz, expressionz rub-ons and labelz. Isn't that generous? Thanks sweetie, I really appreciate this!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Ingrid, nice lo's made by you and Hanneke!! They are really gorgious. And what a nice suprise to find such an enveloppe in the mail! Have fun with the contents, greetings, Wendy.

Anonymous said...

Moeilijke foto's zijn prima toevertrouwd aan jou!! Dat zie je maar Ik vind 'm zo gaaf!! Ben blij dat jij mijn swap ook mooi vind, vond het heel leuk om te swappen ;-)

Wat lief van Nancy om je zo'n envelop toe te sturen zeg, veel plezier ermee!!

XxX Hanneke

Rozella Meijer-Kern said...

Ingrid, hoog "wauw" gehalte weer. Allebei mooie lay-outs zeg.

En wat een lief gebaar van Nancy. Ik ben haar een tijd geleden ook op 2peas tegengekomen en vind haar scrapstijl geweldig. Ben echt een fan van haar.....
Groetjes,
Rozella

Unknown said...

Those layouts are great... :)

Wati Basri said...

ingrid....lovely Lo u did and the one Hanneke made!! :) and great surprise and stash there from Nancy..enjoy! :)

Wilma said...

Je hebt weer een mooi lootje afgeleverd! Erg lief van Nancy om je zo te verrassen! Zij maakt inderdaad erg mooie dingen.

groetjes Wilma

Janny said...

wat een prachtige LO's hebben jullie voor elkaar gemaakt, ik heb me ook maar eens opgegeven voor zo'n fotoswap, lijkt me erg leuk!!
en ja Nancy's werk was mij ook al opgevallen bij 2 peas, echt prachtige dingen maakt zij! veel plezier met je gekregen spulletjes!

Anonymous said...

both LOs are gorgeous ! The airport photo was a difficult one, but you managed it and the result is awesome !
cheers,
zab

Charlotte said...

WOW - both you and Hanneke have made fabulous layouts! You really rock with the photo swaps!!

And such a wonderful surprice you received in the mail! Have fun scrapping!!

We are off to the cottage now - we are home to pick up some warmer clothes!!! Grrrr! It's Summer, but it feels like Fall.

I'll talk to you later!
((Hugs)) Charlotte

Charlotte said...

Woohoo... both layouts ROCK! And those Junkitz presents are very cool! Can imagine you are very very happy with them! :)

Brigitta said...

what a nice surprice by Nancy, yes, her style is definately reconizable I've know her work for a while now (Scrapclub) and I really like it.
And those swaps are once again lovely, I'm also one of the lucky owners of a real "Ingrid" swap ;-)

~Nancy~ said...

Awwww.. you sweeetie, thank you so much for your sweet words about my work.. I'm getting shy now!!!!! And you're sooo welcome! I was more than happy to send you the tape and just couldn't resist to add some extra goodies to it!! You totally deserve it.. I absolutely ADORE your work.. you're a total sweetie..and yup.. we live that close! We should meet one day!!! That's for sure!!!! XOXO Nancy