Monday, March 5, 2007

17 Years later...

In November 1989 my parents bought me a sewing machine for my 21st birthday. I did do an attempt to make some clothes myself, but it never really got off the ground. Now, more than 17 years later, I rediscovered my sewing machine. I now use it for scrapbooking. Stitching looks great on a lay-out. You can stitch borders, frames and much more. I am now working on a paperbag album inspired by Iggydodie who has a great style. I stitched all pages with white thread. I just started on scrapping the front cover this afternoon. It is not finished, but I will already show an impression of the patterned papers being used. I haven't fixed anything with glue yet, so the look can still change.



4 comments:

Noelia said...

I love your stitches! I'm one of those that owned a sewing machine prior to scrapping but barely used it. I am committed to using it when I scrap in the near future! I wish I was better at sewing. Your stitches look great! It's like rub-ons!

Miranda said...

Wow, looks great!
My sewing machine didn't work properly any time, so I don't dare to try...

And yes the layout Snowdrops, I submitted to the contest at Doll's.

Anonymous said...

Wow Ingrid it sure looks great, can't I send something to you to stitch? ;-))

Groetjes Anja

Lilian Schneider said...

Wow, that looks great Ingrid!