Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Got Sketch? 88, Be Inspired #44 & ShortCuts

I was excited to be invited back for another Got Sketch? challenge. I just love to work with Valerie's sketches. This is my card based on Sketch 88. I can't get enough of the October Afternoon papers. I just love to use these papers for birth cards.



Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper Patterned paper: October Afternoon Ducks in a Row Rub-ons: Doodlebug Design, October Afternoon Stickers: Pink Paislee Ribbon: Vandoros Tools: QuicKutz Nesting Flowers, Stampin'Up! border punch, EK Success circle punch, corner punch, sewing machine Other: foamtape

This week's Be Inspired #44 challenge on the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog was quite a challenge for me. We had to create a scene card which is something I hadn't done before. My first card ended up in my trash bin. I simply wasn't satisfied. So....I did another attempt and came up with this one. Quite simple, but I think it will do for a scene card. Do you see the grid and polka dots papers? It are the yummy Soup Staples papers from Jillibean Soup. I can tell you that these papers are great to work with. I created a layout with Soup Staples combined with the Alphabet Soup collection last week and I love it. Unfortunately I can't show the layout yet as I will submit it to Scrapbook Magazine.



Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper, Core'dinations ColorCore Patterned paper: Jillibean Soup Soup Staples Rub-ons: October Afternoon Tools: Provo Craft Swiss Dots embossing folder, Provo Craft Forest Branches embossing folder, QuicKutz Silhouette, QuicKutz Digital Designs (tree, cloud), Stampin'Up! circle punch, Martha Stewart Double Scallop edge punch, sewing machine Other: sanding paper

Today I also have two ShortCuts projects to show you. I made two cards using Whimsie Doodles cutting files. For my first card I used the Whimsie Cuts Teapot cutting file. I converted the cutting file to a dxf-file so I could cut it with my QuicKutz Silhouette. I have used that machine more in the past two weeks than I ever did before. I cut down a ShortCuts Clear Full Sheet to create a 5x5" card.



Supplies: ShortCuts Clear Full Sheet Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper Patterned paper: We R Memory Keepers Tiffany's Cutting file: Whimsie Doodles Pearl: Katy's Cards Tools: QuicKutz Maddie Anne alphabet, sewing machine Ink: VersaColor Pinecone Other: ribbon

And here's another card using the Whimsie Cuts Just Duckie cutting file.



Supplies: ShortCuts Clear Card Patterned paper: Little Yellow Bicycle Letters: American Crafts Buttons: Rusty Pickle Tools: Fiskars border punch, QuicKutz Silhouette, sewing machine Brad: Making Memories Cutting file: Whimsie Doodles Ink: VersaColor Pinecone Other: waxed cord, ribbon

Have a Happy Wednesday!



21 comments:

Nicky said...

allemaal leuke kaartjes, maar die theepot is wel helemaal top hoor!

Dora said...

Allemaal super en dat met die theepot zoals Nicky al zei is helemaal top! Leuke kaarten allemaal!

Lisette Gibbons said...

Great cards, Ingrid. Those OA papers are indeed yummy. xox

Hanneke van der Linde said...

Leuke kaarten, Ingrid!! Ik denk dat we hetelfde "probleem" hadden met de CBC voor deze week he?? ;-)

xoxo

Jenn K said...

What beautiful cards!!

Melyssa said...

Ingrid your cards are absolutely gorgeous! I love all the patterns and colour combo's!

Ann said...

leuke kaarten Ingrid die met de boom is niet mine cup of tea maar die met de theepot weer wel, die is wel superleuk

Karen said...

Such gorgeous cards Ingrid. Your little scene card is so cute! I love it!!

Hugs,
Karen

Angelique said...

Wat een ontzettend leuke kaartjes heb je weer gemaakt. Bedankt voor het delen.

Groetjes Angelique

Unknown said...

These are just gorgeous Ingrid! I always love your work!

Simone said...

Wow, wonderful cards and many(!), it is the perfect weather to go scrapping again, right?

Floortje said...

Wat een beeldschone verzameling kaarten weer Ingrid! Ik blijf een fan van je werk, maar snap nog steeds niet hoe jij zo met tijd kunt goochelen.....
Groetjes, Floortje

June Houck said...

Great tree embossing! And I love that little mushroom :)

Anonymous said...

`gorgeous` cards Ingrid..Enjoy the rest of your week:)x

Rosemary said...

all your cards are just too cute!!..gosh, each one different and special!!

Michelle said...

ingird...you have outdone yourself wiht these cards... wow...one is lovelier than the next!
TFS!
michelle.

Drum Chick Designs said...

Whoa, those are amazing, love the teapot! I found your blog searching for scrapbooks, I make rubber stamps and love to scrapbok!

Anonymous said...

Amazing work! I love everything you do...HUGS...SK :)

Frida said...

Het kaartje met de theepot is geweldig !! maar die andere kaarten zijn ook weer errug leuk !

Kay said...

Friend, you have been busy!! Wow! I don't know where you get all your creative juices but these cards are ALL fabulous!! Each and every one is creative, beautiful, original and STUNNING!! Thank you for sharing your talent with us! ♥♥ Kay

Linda Beeson said...

Oh do I love your cards but that first one is my fav and I think it's because I just used those papers recently and LOVE them.