Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Major decision

First of all, a very Happy New Year to you and your loved ones. May all your wishes come true.

I took a major decision in the first few days of this new year. I have decided to quit my job. I haven´t been feeling good about my job for a few months, and I think it is time now to do what is best for me. I have mixed feelings about my job since our department moved to Amsterdam where the HQ is based. Travelling to and from Amsterdam is no fun during rush hour, and is very time-consuming and wastes energy. Time and energy that I can better spend on other things. I don´t have a new job yet and that scares me a little. However, I do have a good track record and 18 years of experience, so I am pretty confident to find a nice job soon. I truly hope that this decision makes me feel happy again.

4 comments:

Miranda said...

Good for you! Hope you find a new, beter job soon!!!

D@nielle said...

That is so brave, I hope you find something fun soon !

Anonymous said...

You're right to have made this decision. You're (un-)happiness reflects on your family also, so it's important for you to be happy too. I hope you will find a great job nearby soon. I'll keep my fingers crossed and wish you all the luck you need, groetjes, Wendy (frumpie).

Lilian Schneider said...

Hi, Ingrid,

You've been tagged!;-)
See my blog:http://scraproom.blogspot.com

groetjes, Lilian