Monday, December 21, 2009

Happy Holidays

I was supposed to go to the office today, but decided to work from home. The roads were quite slippery, and there was lots of traffic around Utrecht. They expect more snow tonight and also glazed frost, so I have no idea whether I go to the office tomorrow. I like snow as long as I can stay home. I haven't ran any errands for Christmas yet. Hopefully the weather conditions will get better so I can go by car.

Last week I made this Christmas card. It turned out quite clean & simple. I bought these My Mind's Eye papers somewhere in October, but it was the first time I used them. I bought quite some Christmas collections this year, but hardly had time to make cards with all these collections. I think I have more than enough Christmas papers for the next 10....20 years.



Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper (white), Papertrey Ink (rustic cream) Patterned paper: My Mind's Eye The Merry Days of Christmas Clear stamps: Papertrey Ink (2009 Holiday Tag Collection) Ink: Papertrey Ink (Ripe Avocado, Vintage Tea Dye Duo), Versafine Onyx Black Tools: Martha Stewart Embossed Scallop edge punch, EK Success Circle punch, EK Success Scalloped Circle punch, sewing machine Twine: Jillibean Soup Other: foamtape

Have a wonderful evening.

20 comments:

Monique said...

Fijn als je vanuit huis kunt werken, ik moest vandaag naar Rotterdam, over de 35km (normaal een half uur) heb ik 2,5 uur gedaan! Bleeee, ik was kapot! Benieuwd inderdaad wat morgen brengt!
Hahaha, ik ken dat, zoveel kerstpapier, ik heb ook nog wel voor een paar jaar liggen:):):)

Hanneke van der Linde said...

Wat een ontzettend leuke kaart!

xoxo

Simone said...

Dit is erg leuk papier en mooi gemaakt, je kan me natuurlijk niet vertellen dat je nu 10 jaar lang geen nieuw kerstpapier meer gaat kopen :)

Romy said...

Gelukkig heb je vanuit huis kunnen werken, want voor je met de auto ergens bent is er al een flinke tijd voorbij. Je kaartje is prachtig geworden! En kerstpapier kun je beter te veel dan te weinig hebbenn toch:)

Diane Jaquay said...

This is so pretty Ingrid! I love the color combination!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

WOW! I wish I could whip out fabulous cards like this! TFS!!!! and Merry Christmas to you Ingrid!!!

Nadine said...

Your card is beautiful! I love what you do with patterned paper!

Martine said...

Wat fijn dat je van huis uit kon werken, met de auto was er geen doorkomen aan! En mooi kaartje heb je gemaakt!

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

Splendide, j'adore les couleurs, bravo Ingrid
Bisous
Marinette

Lisette Gibbons said...

Fijn dat je thuis kon werken, want in de file staan in de kou is niks. Je kaart is erg leuk geworden. Ik heb ook veel minder kerstkaarten gemaakt dan gepland. xox

Floortje said...

Binnen zit je in ieder geval veilig! Mooi kaart weer.
Groetjes, Floortje

Lori said...

Gorgeous card!!!

~amy~ said...

sooooo fabulous Ingrid...that MME happens to be one of my holiday favorites!

Heather said...

This card it lovely, Ingrid.
Your snow pictures ae absolutely beautiful. I wish I could see it in person. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Mooi kaartje Ingrid !!! En ook hier ligt nog kerstpapier voor jaaaaaaaren !!
Groetjes Berdien

Ellen said...

Mooie kaart Ingrid, en ik ken het probleem van kerstpapier voor de komende 20 jaar...;-)
Wij scrappers zijn net hamsters.....

Groetjes en Fijne Feestdagen, Ellen

Jessica said...

Beautiful! I love the rustic look, the twine really finishes it off :)

Kim said...

Beautiful work Ingrid!