Friday, November 9, 2007

My last CJ entry.....

.....ever. Last year I decided to join a Circle Journal (CJ). It was the very first time for me, and I was quite enthusiastic in the beginning. During the period of this CJ a few things happened, and some members decided to quit. This all made it less fun for me. Today I finally finished my last entry. At the time I received the last CJ - end of August - I had a HUGE scrappers block, and I couldn't come up with something at all. It took me more than 2 months to finally create my entry. For this CJ you had to work with papers chosen by the owner. Not an easy task, because these K&Company papers are not my style......at all. I was the last person to work in this CJ and there were only 2 papers left to work with. Not much choice for me. LOL! This 'forced' me to scrap clean & simple, because there simply weren't enough papers to work with various layers. I usually don't scrap spreads, so making a 12x12" spread was another challenge. I guess you can tell that I didn't use a sketch (why do I think about this when the page is already finished?), because there is absolutely no match between the left and right page. Well, you can't always be 100% satisfied, and you also have to show your bad work from time to time. ;-) This CJ is all about Your secret ingredient. To me my secret ingredient is going away for a weekend with Eric without our girls, and spending quality time together. I think it is important to not only spend time as a family, but also as a couple. The picture quality isn't that good. It isn't easy to make pictures at this time of year when it is dark and cloudy outside. I did enjoy working on the CJ's, and I look forward to getting back my own CJ. Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful weekend!

14 comments:

Wilma said...

Ik kan alleen maar zeggen dat het inderdaad totaal jou stijl niet is :)

Anonymous said...

Ik kan me voorstellen dat onder deze omstandigheden je blij bent hier vanaf te zijn.
En weet je wat het goede nieuws is? Je kunt nu lekker weer met je eigen papier scrappen. Succes verzekerd.

Groeten Joke

Janny said...

pffffff ik snap helemaal wat je bedoelt hoor, ik doe ook mee met een CJ voor de eerste keer maar het is tevens de laatste keer, tot nu toe aleen maar troubles:W
dat papier is ook niet bepaalt mijn smaak, maar je hebt er toch nog wel iets van weten te maken!

Charlotte said...

Hihihi, je hebt je er goed vanaf gemaakt hoor Ingrid! Ondanks dat het jouw stijl niet is, vind ik het toch een goed geheel geworden! Jij bent klaar!!! Nu ik nog... LOL

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow this is fantastic ,love the colours with the photos ,Dawnx

*~SCRAP-GEK~* said...

het is inderdaad niet jouw stijl, maar ik vind dat je er toch nog iets moois van gemaakt heb joh! hij is toch leuk geworden! en daar gaat het om! :-) fijn weekend! groetjes marije.

Anonymous said...

Jammer dat het werken aan een cj zo tegenvalt, het had mij erg leuk geleken om daar ook een aan meet doen maar bedankt ook maar.
Ondanks dat het niet jouw papier is vind ik de cj juist wel heel mooi geworden! Hoe heb je die leuke border gemaakt, rechts onderaan?

XxX Hanneke

Wendy Schoonhoven said...

Eventhough it's not how you usually scrap, I comment you on what you made with it...I guess it wasn't easy but still...it isn't all bad. Look at the bright side...now you can go on doing your own thing again!! Have a great weekend, xxx Wendy.

June Houck said...

Now see, I like what you did with this. I don't think it is bad at all! I am a K&Co. fan, but I understand that it's not everybody's cup of tea. I love your pictures too! Especially the pics on the right-hand page.

I love the "dinner 4 two" book you made! Now that is true to your style of paper crafting.

~Nancy~ said...

How awesome is THIS!! I can totally understand how difficult it must be to be working with papers that somebody else choose for ya!!! That's hard.. but you did an amazing job wit it.. that's for sure!!!! XOXO

Je@net said...

He meis, dat heb je toch nog hartstikke leuk gedaan joh! Valt niet mee hoor, om met papier dat niet je ding is aan de slag te gaan!
En nu je werkplek opruimen en lekker met je eigen pruttel aan de scrap! Veel plezier en een fijn weekend!!

Lisette Gibbons said...

Well done Ingrid. You still managed to make it look good. Phew, now onto something that tickles your creativity.

R said...

Ik kan me voorstellen dat het erg lastig is!!!! Je bent nu in ieder geval klaar :)

Anonymous said...

Hoi, sommige papiertjes zijn lastiger om mee te werken, maar toch vind ik een heel aantal dingen erg mooi: hoe je de tekst hebt gedaan op de linkerbladzijde en de swirlborder is helemaal super!! (Hoe heb je die gemaakt?) Enne..nu ben je klaar, tijd weer voor je eigen leuke spulletjes!