Saturday, November 17, 2007

Contagious

My mom, the girls and I went shopping at Dolls & Decorations this morning. I got two gift coupons for my birthday, and of course they had to be spent. ;-) My mom wants to get creative too, and would like to make some Christmas cards for friends this year. She used to make 3D cards, but now she would like to scrap them. So we headed to the scrap walhalla in Almere at 9.30am. She was very surprised by all the gorgeous goodies, and I often heard her saying "oh, I like this" and "wow, this is beautiful". She felt like a little kid in a candy store and got hooked instantly. I knew that scrapbooking is contagious...and addictive. She now understands why I spent lots of money on scrapbooking. LOL! She bought a few sheets of Christmas papers and some matching ribbons and brads.
I didn't have a long wish list - I guess I already have too much stuff - but I absolutely wanted to have some papers, chipboard, ribbons and buttons from Creative Cafe. I just love the colors and the idea that you can buy the embellishments 'a la carte'. I think I will make a mini album with these goodies. I also bought the Love Elsie Noel line, some Sassafras Lass papers, a bottle of Ranger crackle paint, O'Scrap! brads, Prima journaling sheets and the gorgeous Frost Signature Christmas line by My Mind's Eye. Fleur and Sanne also picked 2 sheets each. They would love to scrapbook too. Fleur fell in love with Sassafras Lass (not a real surprise as I love Sassafras Lass too), and Sanne wanted to have a sheet of Amy Butler and Imaginisce (pink of course!). I behaved myself this time, and have 1 gift coupon left to spend next time. LOL!

On our way home we visited a craft store in Vianen to buy some extra ribbons for my mom. I bought 3 bottles of Ranger Stickles and a new Coluzzle cutting mat. I had one - or should I say have one - but I can't find it anywhere. I think I threw it away by accident when I cleaned my scraproom. At home we had lunch, and I gave my mom some buttons and flowers to go with her papers. So now she has all ingredients to start scrapping some cards.

8 comments:

My Paper World said...

It sounds like you had a fun time!

Lisette Gibbons said...

Yum, yum! When I'm in Holland in January I want to get some of the Creative Café too. I know you can buy it online, but I imagine it being much more fun picking it from the jars yourself. Nice to hear that your mum is having a go at scrapping cards too!

Christiane said...

ohhh, i wish i could go shopping with you some day!! ;) sounds like fun!!

Charlotte said...

Wow love those Creative Café goodies... next weekend they will be mine!!! ;)

Good to hear your mother ánd girls are going to scrap too! ;)

Je@net said...

Oooh, ziet er uit als een heerlijk dagje shoppen!! Gave spullen allemaal joh!!
En benieuwd naar de kaartjes van je moeder en de projecten van de kids! Leuk om zo samen je hobby te delen!

Janny said...

wat leuk dat je moeder en dochters nu ook zo enthausiast zijn geworden voor de scrap!
leuke spullen heb je gekocht, veel plezier ermee!

Wendy Schoonhoven said...

Wat leuk dat jullie nu ook samen een keer gaan scrappen...is zo gezellig om dat met je moeder en dochters te kunnen doen! xxx Wendy.

Marjolein said...

Oooooh that Creative Cafe stuff looks so yummie!!! Can't understand why on earth I moved to Canada:-) .. never saw it here, silly Canadians!!